Weed Free Forage Program

Where is Certified Forage Required?

Public lands that require Weed Free Forage

How is Forage Certified?

Contact Dawson-Gosper County Weed Control to make an inspection prior to harvesting. Certification is based on a thorough visual inspection. A "Certificate of Inspection" form is issued to the producer/landowner if the crop meets the North American Weed Managament Association requirements. The forage certification includes surrounding ditches, fence rows, roads, and easement, right-of-way or buffer zones surrounding the outside edge of the crop.


Dawson-Gosper Weed Control will make the inspection at no cost to Dawson and Gosper County producers. The producer is responsible for the cost of the forage tags.

Nebraska Weed Control Association Weed Free Forage Program